The Georgia Center for Facial Plastic Surgery
613 Ponder Place Drive
Evans, GA 30809
Phone: (706) 210-2625
Fax: (706) 210-9882
Monday–Friday: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
About Dr. Polacco
The Georgia Center is pleased to introduce facial plastic surgeon, Dr. Marc Polacco. Dr. Polacco completed his fellowship in Facial Plastic Surgery at the prestigious University of California, San Francisco (UCSF). Dr. Polacco has a lifelong history of volunteerism and service; during his tenure in San Francisco, Dr. Polacco helped launch The American Melanoma Institute, a non-profit organization focusing on melanoma research and education. He has been chosen by his peers as a Reviewer for the journal, Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, and has held multiple leadership roles throughout his career. During his time at UCSF, Dr. Polacco not only perfected his surgical skills in facial plastic surgery, but also participated in multiple clinical trials on the latest neuromodulators and research methods to optimize results with botulinum toxin treatments. We are pleased to have Dr. Polacco join the Georgia Center located in the Augusta and Evans, GA area.
Dr. Marc Polacco grew up in Minnesota, where he attended Gustavus Adolphus College, receiving Bachelor of Arts degrees in both Biology and Chemistry, as well as a minor in music. He then received a full-tuition scholarship to attend medical school at the University of Iowa, where he graduated with distinction in research and the humanities. During medical school he was one of a handful of students nationally who secured a research grant from the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, and in his final year he was inducted into the Gold Humanism Honor Society. Dr. Polacco has great appreciation for the delicate balance of science and humanities in practicing the art of medicine.
Following medical school, he went on to complete a 5-year residency in Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery, one of the most competitive specialties, at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center. During his time at Dartmouth, he published numerous scientific articles and received the New England Otolaryngology Society resident research grant, an award given to only one resident annually among all Otolaryngology residents in New England. After residency, he was selected amongst a nation-wide pool of some of the brightest young surgeons to be a Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery fellow at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF). In addition to perfecting surgical skills and the artistry of facial plastic surgery at UCSF, this environment allowed him to perform multiple clinical trials on the latest neuromodulators and research methods to optimize results with botulinum toxin treatments.
Continuing to balance science with the humanities, during his fellowship, he and a Dartmouth colleague collaborated to launch a non-profit organization, the American Melanoma Institute, dedicated to education, research, and support of those diagnosed with melanoma as well as their loved ones.
Following the completion of his Facial Plastic Surgery Fellowship, Dr. Polacco further enhanced his training under the direction of Dr. Achih Chen at the Georgia Center, focusing exclusively on aesthetic facial plastic surgery. This specialized training enables Dr. Polacco the skills to bridge the two worlds of complex reconstructive procedures and cosmetic facial plastic surgery procedures.
See for Yourself
View our photo gallery of Dr. Marc Polacco’s facial plastic surgery procedures performed on some of our previous patients to see natural, beautiful results Dr. Polacco creates. Or contact our cosmetic surgery center for more information. Dr. Polacco specializes in treating from the most subtle concerns to complete “makeovers” for facial aesthetic enhancements that look natural, giving you a more youthful appearance without looking surgically altered or “done”.
University of Iowa College of Medicine
- Medical Doctorate
Gustavus Adolphus College
- B.A. Biology and Chemistry, Minor in Music
Georgia Center for Facial Plastic Surgery, Medical College of Georgia, Evans, GA
- Fellow, Aesthetic Facial Plastic Surgery
University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
- Fellow, Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH
- Resident, Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (2015 – present) – Member
- American Academy of Cosmetic Maxillofacial Surgery (2015 – present) – Member
- American Society for Lasers in Medicine and Surgery (2015 – present) – Member
- American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery (2014 – present) – Member
- New England Otolaryngology Society (2014 – present) – Member
- Association for Prevention Teaching and Research (2011-present) – Member
- American Medical Association (2010-present) – Member
- University Health Care System, University Hospital, Augusta, Georgia: Courtesy
Awards and Honors
- American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery Humanitarian Travel Grant 2018
- Completion of the Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery Resident Reviewer Development Program 2018.
- DePuy Synthes Travel Grant 2017
- New England Otolaryngology Society Resident Research Grant 2017
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification, Dartmouth Value Institute 2017
- American Society for Lasers in Medicine and Surgery Preceptorship Award, mentorship under Dr. Jason Bloom and Dr. Eric Bernstein 2017
- Second Place Award for Resident Lecture: Penny-pinching time: Access and Opportunity Cost in Otolaryngology, New England Otolaryngology Society Meeting, Lebanon, NH 2016
- American Academy of Otolaryngology —Head and Neck Surgery Resident Travel Award, San Diego, CA 2016
- Graduation with distinction in research, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, 2014
- Graduation with distinction in the humanities, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, 2014
- Alpha Omega Alpha Helen H. Glaser Student Essay Award, Honorable Mention for The Six-Million Dollar Physician: A History of Robotics Making Surgeons Better, Faster, Stronger 2014
- Gold Humanism Honor Society 2013
- Alpha Omega Alpha Carolyn L. Kuckein Student Research Fellowship 2013
- Outstanding research presentation: 13th Annual Student Interdisciplinary Health Research Poster Session, University of Iowa 2012
- Paul Ambrose Scholar, Association for Prevention Teaching and Research, Washington, D.C. 2011
- University of Iowa Medical Student Summer Research Fellowship, 2010, 2011
Service and Volunteerism
Philippine American Group of Educators and Surgeons (PAGES), Imus Philippines, 2019
Free Mental Health Clinic, Iowa City, Iowa 2011-2014
Healthy Today, Healthy Tomorrow, Iowa City, Iowa 2011-2014
Jacobsen Foundation, Saboba, Ghana 2010
Africa Partners Medical – Gustavus Adolphus College Chapter, St Peter, MN 2008-2010
Contact Dr. Polacco
Dr. Polacco offers an array of aesthetic enhancement procedures, including facelift, browlift, rhinoplasty, BOTOX® Cosmetic, and laser skin resurfacing, at the Georgia Institute. Contact our cosmetic surgery facility and arrange a consultation with Marc Polacco, M.D. today.